9.12.09

Granderson to the Yankees? *sobs*

Dublin is cold. It's nice, I like the cold. But still. Cold. I am wearing a hat indoors.

Ohmigoodness Avenue Q was amaaaaaaaaazing! I was supposed to be on the second floor balcony, but for some reason they weren't using it that night, so I got upgraded...TO SIX ROWS BACK. It was brilliant. There was some crazy guy there who brought a puppet to the show--I assumed he was part of it at first, but nope, just crazy. I fell madly in love with the actress who played Kate Monster. She was also Lucy the Slut (God if you don't know this show you probably think I'm insane) in this crazy deep sultry Southern accent. Brilliant!

The next day was all travel. The fast ferry was cancelled so I had to wait a couple hours and take the slow one, meaning I got to Dublin at 6ish instead of 2ish. Found my hostel with relative ease and headed out to explore the Temple Bar area. I just looked, scouted places to go for dinner tonight (and found one!), and came back. I was exhausted and just showered and slept. There were four girls staying in my room, but they all left this morning, which is sad because they were nice.

Today I was up and out before nine, headed toward Merrion Square. Guys. It is my new favorite place ever. It's a park except largely wooded instead of having everything cut down to make lawns. I sat on a bench and wrote and watched people for a good hour. Then over to St. Stephen's Green, where I read for an hour. Then to St. Patrick's Cathedral, where I read and wrote some more. Eventually I got too cold and started walking again. I saw Christchurch Cathedral, which was lovely and warm inside, even if I had to pay admission. Also did a quick runthrough of Dublin Castle, where there was a neat display of angel statues, but it was raining by then and I was only getting colder. I rescouted Temple Bar to make sure there would be football tonight (there is--Liverpool v. somebody) and came to the internet for a chatting date with the boyfriend.

I think I will probably end up taking a nap, honestly. It gets dark here in about half an hour, and my body doesn't like staying up for long periods after the dark. So I'll need a nap to make sure I make it out to dinner tonight. I think I'm going for a burger and greasy fries. Quite different from my usual diet lately--bananas and baguettes.

Tomorrow will be more exploring. Maybe Guiness Factory or Kilmainham Gaol or both. Pray it doesn't get too cold.

I'll be home in eleven days! It looks glorious and snowy according to lakemichigancam.com, a camera updating every ten minutes with a picture of the Grand Haven pier. I plan to spend my winter break alternating between sledding and being holed up under blankets with a cat and hot chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like Dublin is going well! how/when are you getting to France?

    ReplyDelete