20.12.09

I'd take a non-white Christmas as long as I'm home for it.

Oh, goodness.

We're about to check out of our hotel, in PARIS STILL, and head to the airport. None of which was planned.

The problem was a 14 hour train ride from Paris to......Paris. We were not one of the trains *stuck* in the Chunnel, but we sat outside it waiting for the chance to go in. And eventually decided just to go back to Paris. So Em and I got a hotel right next to the train station, and worked with the 'rents to find a way to London. We're now flying there from Charles De Gaulle. Hopefully that flight's not cancelled. Then we have 14 more hours in Heathrow, and then fly to Chicago. If all goes well, we will have had a hell of a time travelling, but will still get to Chicago at the normal time. As long as I make it by Christmas.

So Emily missed out on London, but we got a private hotel room and internet. And the hotel and our meals will be reimbursed by the train people. You win some, you lose some I guess.

We'll probably buy more internet in Heathrow, so I might get one more blog entry in before I'm HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment