25.11.09

I didn't realize Stupak was a Democrat from Michigan. What the what?

We went to a movie theatre today! And saw a real live movie! There was popcorn and candy and everything!

It was very strange and absolutely fantastic. We saw "Inglorious Basterds", which is funny and a good movie (and good for the vengeful conscience, since all dem "Natzis" get killed). It was a lot less gory than I expected, seeing how it's a Taratino film. Quite good though.

We're also trying to do Thanksgiving tomorrow. I don't know how well it will work, but I'm going to help make an apple pie and maybe the sweet potato casserole. We gotta ask Daudi (who I'm madly in love with, if I haven't mentioned) if we can use his oven, since at the moment we only have one.

I've started making a list of things I miss. It has everything from the waves (which it actually has twice, since I forgot I wrote it the first time and really miss them) to The Walking Ladies to homemade pickles to long conversations with old friends. It is a list that makes me happy instead of sad; if I try to avoid thinking about things, I get homesick; if I think about them actively, it makes me happy.

Speaking of things I miss, from what I hear the Tigers are trying to trade away everyone I love. (Well not everyone, Verlander and Porcello and Inge are safe). But still. Talks of losing Polanco, Granderson, Jackson, Everett and now Cabrera too. Ridiculous.

We are officially done doing our research. Lila and Devyn and I went around the village with a translator surveying women about family planning. Now we have to do two presentations and a paper, but other than that (which to me is pretty easy) this program is OVER. I'm getting very excited to go to Europe, and two of my friends from the bio group are coming with me to London!

I did finally get sick, but it was only for 36 hours. I then passed it to the other kids in my homestay except Lila, and they all had it for longer. I felt lucky but a little guilty, both for passing it on and for everyone being sick at the homestay. Our host mom had to deal with three kids throwing up in one night, and everyone just wanting to lay around and sleep and not eat anything and make quick trips to the bathroom. Yech.

Um. I think that is it for now. Everyone have a marvelous Thanksgiving. Eat tons for me. (And Mom, don't forget we have to do Thanksgiving again when I get home. :P )

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving was fantastic! Lots of great food & tons of fun playing with Mia and Lexie. We will recreate it when you get here. We tried to call you all day, sorry we missed you. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete