9.11.09

One more thing...

I don't have my journal so I'm probably missing things, but just to finish up the previous update:

After the Maasai homestay, we drove to a camp by Lake Natron. We got to walk/hike/wade to another waterfall. This one was littler (in height and width) but stronger, and could pull you under real quick. But it was incredibly fun and we jumped off rocks and such. Some of the Maasai guides who came with us also climbed the rocks and jumped in, except the Maasai generally can't swim, so we had to make sure they made it back to the rocks. It was a little crazy.

The free day in Arusha was nice; now I'm up early to internet a bit before we have to leave at 9:30. I also have to eat and pack and shower, so I should be quick. I'm trying to get things together to apply for a paid internship in the Portland Council's Office. I just got an email about it and the application is due December 3, so here's hoping I can get stuff together and sent out before then.

I miss you guys, and home in general. It was so hot for a while on our trip that even the wind was hot. Makes you miss Michigan weather that's for sure. Speaking of Michigan, I hear Bob Monetza got elected to GH Council, so HOORAY! for that. :)

Hope this finds you well. Don't know when I'll have internet again because the program leaders are woefully unhelpful when it comes to information.

No comments:

Post a Comment