27.11.09

I made myself lemonade today

We didn't mess up Thanksgiving! I mean, it wasn't REAL Thanksgiving, but it went so well. We had two chickens and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and corn (but it was creamed. yech) and stuffing and green beans and roasted vegetables. And apple pie! I think most people's favorite was the sweet potatoes, which was partially Mom's recipe. So you get kudos from a bunch of people in Africa. The pies turned out really well--I made them with Lila, who even made crust. They were a little liquidy but still delicious.

We cooked a lot and ate a lot, of course. Daudi and Trude (his wife) and Ethan all joined us, which was really nice. Turns out Trude's about as cool as Daudi, something I didn't really think was possible. After dinner we played a game--kinda a mix of charades and taboo--and it was fun except everyone got defensive when I said it was a tie at the end. Not so much the spirit of Thanksgiving from the team that actually won. :P

Presentation tomorrow, paper due Tuesday, another presentation on...Wednesday? I think. Then EUROPE, where I am skipping Strasbourg and just doing Nantes instead. Sad to miss the city, but excited to see Emily sooner! I miss people who've known me more than three months.

Found out yesterday that I definitely got into Neurobiology for next semester! Very exciting. Am also taking Presidential Politics, Political Parties and Interest Groups, and Modern European Intellectual History. I'm waitlisted for US Foreign Policy, but I think it turns out I'd rather take the history class anyway. I'm excited.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for Neurobiology! Yeah for sweet potatoes! Yeah for apple pie! Yeah for EUROPE! And Yeah for Emily! Really starting to look forward to seeing you! An entire post of !!!!!!s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking US Foreign Policy next quarter too. We could have study groups. Love you.
    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what account to post with so i used yours..

    ReplyDelete